Hello again blog-ville! Apologies for the lack of updates here, I was down and out for a while with the flu which caused the first cancellation of a tournament in my short career but I'm back!! I've had a great couple weeks for golf. My practice time has been limited but the quality of practice has been much better, more focused on short game now. I have found a better feel for my chipping and pitching. The release of the ball after it contacts the ground still gets me from time to time but I'm slowly developing a better feel for what the ball will do when I apply different shots to it, and also what it will do according to the conditions, type of grass, slope and speed of greens. My putting is getting better by the day. I have more trust in my new grip and have found a way to keep the tempo of the putting stroke more consistent. In addition to my short game work, I have added a new move to my ever evolving swing. While demoing clubs I was able to get a swing assessment from a PGA pro and after going over with him what I have been working on he gave me one free tip, I needed to "set" the club better at the top of my back swing to be more consistent with the swing plane, also adds a bit of lag and thus, a few more yards! Now I simply lift the club as I start my back swing, picture using my left index finger on the grip like I would be pulling the trigger of a gun(or hinging the wrist as they say) as I begin the swing, that allows the club to set much easier at the top of the swing and will also assist with limiting my forward tilt. I have played a few rounds since making this adjustment and it seems very comfortable right now and the results have been quite positive. Next tournament is this weekend, Sunday, December 19th at MT. Woodson. I've heard from some guys that the course is very narrow and requires high accuracy over distance(course only plays 6,000yds from the tips). So many 3wds and Hybrids will be swung this weekend. Lets get the season started off on a good note!!
Fairways and Greens!
No comments:
Post a Comment