My Blog List

Monday, November 29, 2010

Patience is the toughest challenge

Greetings from the fairway(who am I kidding, greetings from the rough) :). I bring good news regarding the prognosis of the state of my golf game. Over the past two weeks, my new putting grip has really begun to take shape and provided me with a more consistent stroke and the results have been very positive. My misses are relatively close, leaving me with many more two putts and giving myself better chances at birdie. One glaring weakness in my current game remains distance control from 30yds in. i seem to have an issue with judging the proper release after the ball lands at my estimated target. It appears the issue is more my judgment of proximity rather than mechanics. This provides me with great feedback and shows that i simply need more chipping time to better get my sights aligned properly. Driver is really coming around, and my ball flight is very true and allows for me to play more shots than I'm used to. I still have some issues with reverse pivot and taking the club too much to the inside but the positives on that are I know when I do them and can quickly resolve swing issues on the course. First tournament of the year is Saturday December 4th. I am very much looking forward to this one as I feel it can be a good springboard for my season. I'm not sure that my game is in the proper place to get in the victory train but I should be able to start the season with a solid showing!

Fairways and greens!

No comments:

Post a Comment