My Blog List

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

tweaks and leaks

As I've attacked each range session this past month, everything seems to be more under control. I'm still hitting bad shots but the "bad" shots are not as bad and the corrections are happening a lot quicker. For example, yesterday I hit a small bucket at lunch and I would say seventy five percent of the shots were quality. Now that may seem like a low number when I stated that things are more under control, and rightfully so, however, my statement reflects the amount of swings it took to correct the poor shots. about 4 or less each time. That is my metric with which I'm measuring my progress at this point. We are all going to hit the bad shot from time to time during our round and the difference I think between shooting 85 and 75 sometimes is making on course corrections quickly. When I used to be a bowler back in the day, I would be cruising along in a three game series and then in the middle of the third game a shot would get away from me. If I took to many frames to correct it, a 750 series could easily become 690.

Tournament prep is in full swing(insert pun) this week. Twin Oaks on Sunday. I will be putting and chipping the rest of this week with mirror swing work in my apartment each night. My main focus this tournament will be putting a good swing on the ball and avoiding the +3,+4,+5 holes. if I can do that(insert family guy child voice) VICTORY IS MINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment