My Blog List

Thursday, January 21, 2010

The physical part.

The Auld Invitational at Salt Creek Golf club in Chula Vista, CA is 2 days away!! Need to keep the focus and with this weeks weather and lack of range time we shall see just how far my game has come!!

As I look at my current game the lessons, drills and practice I'm applying are paying off without question. As I continue to grow in this game I am always looking for the next step. The next phase of learning and training. Last evening while watching the replay of the Bob Hope Classic they had a little bit piece on Zach Johnson about fitness. As I was watching that, I realized I was leaving a HUGE piece of the golf puzzle out of my daily routine......FITNESS! As I progress and move back tee boxes, length and long iron play are going to become more important each round. Short game improvement goes without saying so lets just assume that I have that as a everyday focus already. Any golfer knows that the game becomes different when your hitting driver short iron compared with driver 3,4,5 iron. In this quest I have sought out the assistance of a teaching pro who specializes in golf fitness. He has a second level certification from the Titlest Performance Institute. I begin this Training the week of Feb 1st. The evaluation will be humbling as I am sure I'm not in "playing shape" whatsoever:).

Fairways and Greens to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment