Back from hiding! It seems like its been a lifetime since my last post and in tech terms it has. Although I've been away for a while not too much has transpired. I'm still working crazy hours, lots of road time which has significantly minimized my practice time so I have been relegated to arriving at my weekend round games a little early to work on some things, mainly my short game. In recent weeks I have found I have developed a more consistent swing and I have been able to effectively chose my shots due to a consistent ball flight and trajectory. In the time since my last blog i've probably shot over 5 rounds in the 70's including another 73 and most recently a 76 on a very tough course(-2 on the front 9). One thing that stands out in my game at the moment and is something that needs time to resolve is my consistency. I've been able to put together 9-11 holes that are very good, even to -3. Then I seem to revert to thinking to much about what the round could become instead of staying in the moment. Unfortunately I know all to well that there is no quick fix for that and simply time and practice will resolve those issues so I have to stay focused on maximizing my good streaks and avoiding complete melt down and simply accept bogey-double when I get in trouble.
Nationals is in two weeks and I really feel that if I can get off to a good start I can really make a solid run at this tournament. Two main fundamentals need to be kept in balance and that is finishing the shot and rolling over my wrists to keep the high draw going. This week I'll be equipment shopping which to a golfer is like a woman shoe shopping! New grips, Gloves, Balls and cleats are on the shopping list.
Nationals 2011, here I come!!!
Fairways and Greens!!
No comments:
Post a Comment