My Blog List

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

So close yet so far........


Well folks, this season has finally reached its end. Nationals was a fantastic experience this year finishing T2 but not without much disappointment. After a slow start I was able to put together a run of golf I have not had all season in tournament play. Leading the flight of 154 players after 3 days I failed to capitalize on my momentum and seal the deal going double bogey, double bogey to lose by one stroke. I look back on my round and feel that the most costly mistakes I made were mental. Choosing driver on the tee when I had been pounding my hybrid all day long dead center fairway on a relatively short course leading to a quadruple bogey ultimately costing me the tournament. But there is light at the end of this tunnel as the journey is far from over. This off season I am committing to getting in much better shape and being more mentally sound. It's time to stop accepting better than average and get that killer instinct back. No more excuses about not enough time or straying from my commitments. As I've said all year there is no reason to do something if you are not going to strive to be your best at it in my mind as that creates waste and a lifestyle of content. If your not moving forward, your moving back, there is no standing still.

A huge thank you goes out to my family for there support and for them coming all the way to Palm Springs to walk with me on part of my journey! And to Kevin for keeping me in the moment and never letting me get caught up in my own mind.

More blogs during the off season documenting my practice and fitness progress so stay tuned, this journey is far from over.

Until next time....

Fairways and Greens!!

No comments:

Post a Comment