My Blog List

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sacrafice to gain success


As I travel down the road to the center of the fairway I'm finding that obstacles and unforeseen circumstances continue to pop up and force difficult decisions just as I think I'm making strides. At this moment lack of reps and practice are creating a gaping hole in my game. The glaring inconsistency recently has really gotten my attention more than anything else. I know I can shoot even par or a few over for nine holes, but it is shooting 8-10 over par the next nine that is really the catalyst at the moment. A few months ago I was able to shoot scores in the high 70's, low 80's by not allowing the scores for a nine to get out of control, keeping them in the 38-42 range allows for some good scores. Now its, 47-38, 45-40, etc. I need to decide quickly how best to manage my time and if need be, how to create more time to work on my game. Some changes need to be made and it needs to be immediate. There is no time or room for procrastination when you are aggressively pressing toward a goal. the next few months will prove very important as the journey both down the fairway and through life continue to press on! Our tour championship is in 4 weeks and I have put myself in position to win player of the year. I need to make sure I stay to course(no pun intended) and see it through. A top 3 finish should get it done, then its on to Nationals here in the desert and that will be a true test of consistency. Time to get this party started!!!

Fairways and Greens!

No comments:

Post a Comment