My Blog List

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

New Beginnings




Greetings fellow golfers! I come to you today with a bad news update. I regret to say that my relationship with my girlfriend has run it's course. Over the past year she has taught me quite a bit and I believe she will do fantastic things in the future. For us, we were not heading in the same direction and I believe she will find much happiness when she moves back home. Much love to you young lady for your support and patience with me.

Now onto the golf blog! As my progress continues to look more and more like the stock market lately with huge spikes and big valleys, I am left to spend the time in the valleys focusing on my mental state and persistence. Many days I've found myself being lazy, not putting in the required effort. Many excuses can be made and most would be very relevant. I refuse however to be subjugated to making excuses for not putting in 100% effort. All successful people I've spoken to have one thing in common, dedication to a final goal. I need to become better and finding solutions to unforeseen circumstances. Try to build in contingency plans for problems related to scheduling and finances. I like to think there is always a solution to any problem.

I spent about two hours at the driving range last night and it was very good quality time. I was able to work on my release through the golf shot and found some things to keep my swing more consistent. Some swing faults that are correctable now by feel! Very excited to see how this develops. Tournament this weekend at SCGA. Not sure I'm confident I have the game under control enough to win but I think I can put up a competitive score and let things play out. First major of the season is in one month so the goal is to get the swing grooved by then!

Fairways and Greens!

No comments:

Post a Comment