
Greetings blog followers and Facebook friends! I come to you today with the latest blog holding very positive news. First I would like to send out a huge happy Valentines day to all my friends, may your lovers Dode upon you all the love and affection you deserve. Now onto the golf!
My latest tournament results showed much promise but some lack in basic mental approach. With regard to the complete swing, it is progressing about how I hoped it would. While still working on getting the entire body through the swing, I've been able to keep the ball in play(played the entire 18 with one ball) and I have a better understanding of which shot shape I'm going to hit most of the time. While being completely focused on my full swing I have given much neglect to my short game and it was glaringly obvious on Sunday. By my count I had 3-5 birdie putts from inside 8 feet and only made one of them and that was a tap in. My lag was average and my alignment on short putts was atrocious. In reflecting on the round I am very proud of the overall progress and pace with which my game is growing. On the downside my mental approach has to get better and quickly. I feel that is the easiest item on the list to correct as it involves no physical movement. Much range time is going to be had between now and March 6th when the next tournament is played at my home course, Tijeras Creek! Short game, Short game, Short game!!
Fairways and Greens!!
No comments:
Post a Comment