
The past couple of weeks have been nothing short of interesting. Following my performance at the Mt. Woodson tournament, I developed a bad case of "the lefts" with my swing. After a visit with my instructor we found that I was not clearing my left elbow and thus getting "stuck" causing everything to be pushed left. I've been having some issues since then with fixing this small problem. I feel that after this past weekend I made a huge stride in resolution. I struggled with my ball striking, especially off the tee for the first 14 holes(for the record I made a few quality shots on the front that made birdies) but overall it was rather poor. Around the 15Th hole on the back nine I was taking some practice swings while waiting on the tee box for the group in front of us and as I was trying to work on some of the drills we had been going over, I found my hands starting out during the the downswing instead of down and close to my body. I stopped immediately and began focusing keeping my hands in close during the down swing and wouldn't you know it......the remaining tee shots were straight and 280-290. My iron approach shots were much better, my misses were to the left which means things were back to normal! Finished the round, Birdie, Birdie, Bogey, Par. I feel like the tournament this weekend should yield some excellent results if can stay focused on the long term goal and not get caught up in the short term. Make good swings, keep my focus and don't allow a negative result to determine the entire tournament. As I've grown my game I've been able to make more and more birdies and I have to get that thought in my head that a double bogey can be made up for and not to stay attached to it.
Quick note on the blog,
beginning in February I will be posting video from my range time, tournaments and general candor this year. Some of it will be golf on the range and the course but some will simply be daily routines, gym sessions, self interviews, and other things I hope you will find interesting so stay tuned, this is going to be a great year!!!
Fairways and Greens!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment