My Blog List

Saturday, June 19, 2010

pretending or contending

Your either pretending to succeed or contending to succeed. It's very similar to the quote "your either moving forward or moving backward, there is no static motion". As the news has been released that the 2017 US Open is going to be held at Erin Hills in Erin, Wisconsin, it has now set the gauntlet down for me and my goal to qualify for it.(Laugh now!!). I feel it is a reachable goal to achieve in 7 years, the only thing I need to do is maintain discipline and focus on that goal. The National Championship for the Golf Channel AM tour is September 26-29, and that will be a huge turning point in my quest. After that tournament I will have interviewed and selected a new instructor to completely dismantle my swing and rebuild it from scratch and teach me the proper way to swing a golf club from the stance and grip all the way to hand position at the top to the release. I have begun to budget for a yearly range and short game pass at a top practice facility here in Orange county. This way I can have a place to go and work on everything my instructor needs me to work on with no second guessing where I will be practicing or how much it would cost, because it will be paid for. Fitness will continue to be an intricate part of my daily routine going forward to maximize my swing and the lessons I will be learning. It is going to be an incredibly difficult road and there will be milestones set down which I will update on in future blogs. This blog will be much more active going forward as I find it very helpful to write out my experiences(good, and bad) in order to better reflect on them from an outside perspective and improve, because as the opening line states, your either moving forward or moving backward!!!

Fairways and greens to all!!

1 comment:

  1. The National Championship is going to be a lot of fun this year! I've been gearing up for the level of competition the last two months and hoping to peak at the right time. I feel ya on the US Open qualifiers, too. At some point I will need another coach other than myself. Here's to moving forward...

    ReplyDelete