welcome to "Journey to the center of the fairway". My new blog detailing my daily trials as I push towards achieving the elusive "scratch" handicap in golf! you will get detailed descriptions of my workouts, range time, distractions, round and tournament results and the like all throughout.
My Blog List
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
hidden in the obvious
I will start off by giving a huge thanks to my uncle Jim who was able to point out a glaring flaw in my swing this weekend. My major issue the past few months has been distance loss and lack of balance in the swing. each time I would go to my swing coach and tell him he would continue to spew the same info over and over, "stay connected, I want your arms and shoulders to stay together from start to finish, which is correct, however he failed to mention or even notice that I had almost ZERO leg involvement in my swing. My uncle was able to point that out in 7 holes. after my first round this weekend of 88 I was able to get my scoring back into the low to mid 80's, and that was with average to below average putting. My confidence level soared knowing that with 150-160yds to the green on approach I'm once again able to hit 8 iron instead of 6iron(LOL!!) The remainder of this weeks practice time will be dedicated to regaining the feel of leg drive through the shot and extra time will be assigned to putting distance control! I'm feeling very confident about the TPC Scottsdale tournament in 9 days!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment