My Blog List

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

begginning anew

So I may have found a good fit for my new coach. Went and saw him yesterday evening and we had a good interview. His teaching philosophy is pretty straight forward(get the club face square to the ball for maximum contact) I started asking about mechanics and he said ask Jim Furyk. LOL! I thought that was classic so away we went for an hour session. he didn't try to change much, just focused on impact to start. He found immediately that my body turn was really good but there was no release on the follow through. As mentioned in a few previous blogs, all the attention recently has been on my takeaway and zero was spent focusing on the impact and follow through. It was immediately clear to me that this instructor was going to be something different. It was very refreshing when I asked him if he sold lessons in packages and he said no, he only wants to take money for a lesson served. Hit some good shots but most important, I was able to lay out my goals as they pertain to the overall achievement of attempting to qualify for the US Open in 2017.

1. to place top 5 at nationals this year
2. to get my HDCP index to below 4 by end of 2011
3. to start playing tournament events in scratch flights by mid 2012
4. to start placing well consistently in scratch events by 2013
5. to win 2 tournaments in scratch events by 2014(play us amateur qualifier)
6. to play us amateur qualifying in 2015
7. to qualify for the US Amateur in 2016
8. QUALIFY FOR THE US OPEN IN 2017 AT ERIN HILLS!

No comments:

Post a Comment