Had a lesson this evening to figure out where I was leaking distance. I have been some 20-30yds short on almost all my iron shots, even when I feel like i put a good move on the ball. It was pointed out to me that the shots I felt were "pure" were actually traps. i was swinging across the ball with my shoulders but still closing the club face which would start the ball to the right and either draw or slightly fade. the shots were mostly straight but I had no idea how far they were going. after 100+ balls I was able to regain about 85%-90% of my distance. My ball flight was back to a baby draw so after today all is well in the ball striking department. Tournament this weekend so we shall see how this works out. My short game has been my savior as of late. without being able to hit many greens in reg I have been leaning on my chipping and putting to get by. Most rounds have felt like a grind, working my tail off to shoot 85,86,87. If I was striking the ball even average I would be shooting 80,81,82 so hopefully this does the trick! Long term goal is still to finish top 5 at nationals at TPC sawgrass so with some hard work I feel like I'm on my way!
Fairways and Greens to all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment