welcome to "Journey to the center of the fairway". My new blog detailing my daily trials as I push towards achieving the elusive "scratch" handicap in golf! you will get detailed descriptions of my workouts, range time, distractions, round and tournament results and the like all throughout.
My Blog List
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Gaining inspiration from those who have left
The time has come to return to the blog i stepped away from. A good man has left us this month. James Krueger. He inspired in strange ways. He could captivate a room with his story telling and hold your attention even when you wanted to jump across the table and tackle him. His love of golf is partly the reason I took up the game just a few short years a go. My father was my motivator and continues to push me and be my strongest of supporters, but Jim had a way of making me feel like I needed to take that extra step simply because he didn't. He was a passive motivator.
You are missed Uncle Jim!
Now onto the golf!
It has been quite some times since I've written and many things have changed. I've now settled in here the wonderful town of Reno, NV. I've met a great woman who pushes me every day to be the best I can be at anything I take on! I love her and am very excited for what the future holds!
Now that things are settled I've been able to assess the current state of my game and take action to improve and become the golfer I believe I can be. Lessons have started again, we have laid down a progression plan based on statistics which is not my favorate way to attack but he feels this will be a good baramoter for how my game is and what needs to be addressed at each lesson. The short game is starting to bare fruit with the practice time being put in. We are working currently with irons. A fitness routine has begun as well to keep the strength up. More to follow as this amazing journey continues!
Fairways and Greens
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment