welcome to "Journey to the center of the fairway". My new blog detailing my daily trials as I push towards achieving the elusive "scratch" handicap in golf! you will get detailed descriptions of my workouts, range time, distractions, round and tournament results and the like all throughout.
My Blog List
Thursday, August 30, 2012
Culmination of persistance
Well about 3 months have past since the last posting and quite a bit has transpired. I had been working tirelessly on developing a fundamental swing from the ground up and I believe I have for the most part. Short game is pretty good, been working on basics to try to aleviate some common mistakes. Nationals is in two weeks and I feel I'm ready to take on the challange that is TPC Sawgrass and see if we can not allow the moment to consume. The shots are there, I just need to keep the mental part of my game solid and things will work themselves out. The goal for the 4 days is rounds in the 70's each of the days. I don't think that is out of the question at all. I'm as ready as I can be for those 4 days so we shall see.
In other news, I'm officially a condo owner!! Move in was last weekend, the 25th of August. Things went pretty well. Unfortunately this major purchase has forced me to cut back on a few items, most notably, I will not be returning for the 2013 season of the GCAT. I will still be focusing on my golf game but keeping to local events as the costs are much less. Hopefully by end of 2013 I will have my hdcp down below 3 and that will allow me entrance into the US AMateur qualifiying and a few other tournaments that require a lower hdcp. Also, I will be embarking on a major personal project beginning in October so stay tuned for more news on that. If everything goes to plan there will be another blog created for that particular quest as well as regualr updates on this one as well.
Off to the range for some practice!!!!
Fairways and Greens!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment