
As 2012 starts here in frosty Reno I am filled with a great deal of optimisim. The season for me was kicked off with a round of golf that could only be described as HUH!!?? For most of the round it was a struggle. The swing was loose and there was quite a lack of feel around the greens with the wedges. Any iron shot I hit that day was weak and had not sense of trajectory. I was quite pleased overall with my putting however and that was not a shock to me as that is where the majority of my focus has been since relocating. A finish of 82 going +6 on the last two holes had me quite perplexed! As I reflected on the round during my 3hr drive home I was taken back that I had played that poorly overall and still had a great chance to break 80 had I not played the last hole like I had never swung a golf club. All of this provided me with a very positive outlook for 2012 and the state of my golf game. The items I need to work on going forward this season are more tweaks than changes so for the first time I feel like I have a beginners grasp on this wonderful game! This week starts a new practice routine, one that maximizes my limited time while providing productive swings and thoughts each session. I have on order a putting mirrior from Eyeline to help me with my alignment and setup as well as a 6 ft putting rug for indoor practice. The range time will be spent focusing on proper turn away from the ball and keeping the arms connected during the swing. Starting the hips first is going to be key this season to be able to better control ball flight and trajectory as well as incrase distance. If I can build a repeatable swing this winter/early spring I should be in top form come nationals in September. I owe sawgrass a little something so its a payback year for this gentlemen! First major of the season is April 28-29 in Palm Springs.
Fairways and Greens!
No comments:
Post a Comment