
As I've now had some time to let the dismantling of the golf swing sink in I've had a good chance to really get a "feel" for a poor swing as it has been quite a month. I've managed to keep my scores relatively low considering I have no distance control or ball flight to speak of. I was able to post two rounds in the 70's earlier and most of the others were between 80-84. last two rounds were 90-92. As i was working through some new swing thoughts my fundamentals have really broken down. It gets incredibly difficult to "stay the course" when your not even close to hitting shots that just a month ago were basic. As I've been trying to "feel" my way through this time-frame I've found that my connection with the arms\body were way off. Also, at impact my hands were not turning through but simply flowing through, and thus creating a very weak shot that either simply floated straight or pushed to the left with a bit of a fade. After about two hours this morning at the range, i was able to get back to where I was previous to the swing I had come accustomed to having. My short game is still pretty good but it has become more average as i have not had the time to focus on that part due to the general swing being so bad. I think this is all coming full circle now and I should have more control of my game when I head back to Wisconsin in a few weeks and then hopefully I can carry some momentum as the Golf channel tour winds down and we get closer to nationals in September!
Fairways and Greens!
No comments:
Post a Comment