
Hello Blog world! I come to you after quite a long time of silence to update you on some positive happenings with the Journey. The last 2 weeks have been quite interesting. I played the OC Invitational two weeks ago and finished T6. While it was not my best effort I can say with confidence that I really felt the swing starting to get into a rhythm. I was able to have what I was calling a "go to" shot. the major issue I had with my swing was trusting that the shot would do what I wanted which was draw. most of my misses were pulls of draws that started to far right. The largest weakness in my game as it has been for quite some time is the short game. I had much trouble with my chipping pace and definitely some issues with putting, the greens being very quick did not help but I need to be able to putt on any green conditions. After a week of some good work on the short game with Kevin, and some more attention to the full swing, staying connected, I felt ready to compete at the first major of the season, the SD Open. Well the practice round did not provide much positive feedback as I shot a 90. Wouldn't you know it, one round later, 78 on the same course! The putting was still somewhat of a mystery but my ball striking and short game had started to come together! Posting that score and being clubhouse leader by 4 strokes gave me a strong feeling of confidence in my game I had not felt before. But Alas it would not be! I faltered on Sunday, although not playing poorly, hit enough bad shots and the two guys behind me played very well, shooting 82 while I posted a stagnant 88. As I've mentioned many times before, I really believe with failure you only get better and what I've learned from this is that a really good short game can overcome most bad days a golfer has, keeping scores in the low 80's now is paramount to winning on our tour! With the next major in less than 3 weeks it's off to the short game area I go. Much focus will be paid to sand, pitch and chip shots and controlling distance. As for putting, that is going to be worked on every day in the apartment, string line work for sure to keep the putter head on plane through the stroke! All eyes will be on Palm Springs and I plan on shinning!! Its starting to really come together, now we just need that breakthrough win! Already have my golden ticket to nationals after 3rd place at the SD Open!!!
Fairways and Greens!!
No comments:
Post a Comment