My Blog List

Friday, March 4, 2011

The future is now


-Preface-

Greetings all. I write this blog entry with a bit of sorrow in the present mind. As the end of my relationship commenced this week, I began to face the journey of life alone again. Reflection is a hard but necessary thing to perform in order to gain better perspective on life and how I approach it. I look back on 2010 and see many successes. I also see many failures. In looking at the entire body of work I see it as more of a down year where the failures outweighed the successes. All of these were completely within my control and I failed to attack each situation with confidence and compassion. Humility is a trait I've learned late in life and because of that, I don't quite have control over the emotional aspect of my life, allowing my confrontational side to breach the walls of inner thought and be exposed to the world. Emotional control is something I will be working on going forward, less anxiety and more calm, thoughtful lifestyle to be sure.

In the words of my buddy Chris, "I'm just saying"

But this could all just be BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!

-End-

Golf talk now!!

My practice sessions have been rather interesting these past two weeks. I have not had a chance to get out as much as I would have wanted but the times I have been able to get to the range have been very good. The quality of the practice time is getting much better. I've begun to have a much better understanding of the basics of the golf swing and how to apply them. As I'm finding the "proper" way to swing the golf club, I'm finding that the impact of a different turn means new muscles involved which means soreness ensues. I've become more confident in my shot selection and feel that I am getting closer to having better control on shot shape and direction. Tijeras Creek tournament is this Sunday. I think this should be a good showing but the real goal is next weekend which is the first major of the year, San Diego open!

Fairways and Greens!

No comments:

Post a Comment