As I apply the gas here in the final few weeks before the nationals, I'm finding that the daily grind of chipping, putting and swing drills can become boring. I've begun to find ways to make the practice session a bit more fun by taking 5-8 shots every 20 min and trying "trick shots". Full swing 10yd flop shot, pitching with my 5 iron, chipping to a severe hill, and on the range, playing virtual rounds of golf with range balls. It seems to be working and keeping my drive for learning fresh. I can't remember a time when I looked forward to practice more than I do now. I'm proud to say I was the first person on the range this morning bright and early at 6:25AM!! I'm getting much closer to my short game goal of 85% of my pitches/chips are within 5 feet(my comfort zone for putting). My full swing is progressing nicely, final lesson was Tuesday and we worked on fixing a bit of a sway issue I had developed while working on taking the club back more to the outside. I'm starting to really feel the swing coming under control and being able to better understand what my ball flight will be doing and when mistakes are made, being able to correct them on the fly.
As always,
Fairways and Greens!
No comments:
Post a Comment