I must start off by giving huge thanks to Mardell Wilkins at Tijeras Creek for getting my swing back in line and on plane! Everything has been much better since I've been working with her these past couple months!
Ok, onto this blogs topic, great practice. I've been at the range a little less than usual due to many variables(moving, travel for work, etc) but what I've done is make my practice sessions much more productive! I've been working on one single move each time I've been out. the first, a month ago when I started with Mardell was to get my swing to not come inside. SUCCESS!! Each session I start out now I hit the first 15 shots with one focus, outside takeaway. It is pretty close to being a standard part of my swing. The next move she worked on with me was my follow through. Due to my old swing coming so far inside, I developed a tremendous amount of inside pull to compensate for being so inside! I'm now solely focused on coming more straight through the shot and finishing high and around my ear instead of having my hands finish low by my arm pit. I'm finding the ball flight to be more true and my distance is consistent! My chipping has become much more controlled as well as I apply this same swing thought to that part of the game. I'm finding it easier to control the spin and speed of my chip shots!! Practice, practice, practice, only have a few more weeks until the moment of truth.
Stay tuned!!
Fairways and greens!!
No comments:
Post a Comment