Exhausting would be the best way to describe Sundays tournament. Final total for my round, 90! In my expedited quest to reach scratch status I inevitably have hit a point where my mind is so overloaded with information that my body simply said, FU#K it! I cant do this. LOL! I was completely between swings all day, coming underneath, then not rotating, The snowball affect took hold and it infected my putting and chipping as well as the frustration increased. I was so angry, I purchased a large bucket of balls after the round and in a steady rain proceeded to hit and hit until i found the problem. I did! Not rotating was the main culprit!!! I went yesterday at lunch and pounded a bucket and was able to correct the swing fault and hit mostly solid shots after that. I see the light at the end of this tunnel and that is what is keeping me going forward. I could have stayed with my improper swing and still shot high 70's low 80's but that's not what this is about. This is about challenging myself and seeing just how good I can be. I realize there are going to be MANY setbacks in this journey but just like Tom Hanks once said, "If it was easy everyone would do it, it's the hard, that makes it great".
Next tournament is March 7th at my home course. I think it will take 81 or less to win and i know I have some low scores on that course waiting for me! just a matter of putting on the right frame of mind these next two weeks and building a solid game plan!
Hey man, I just came across your blog, as I have joined the SD Tour (Currently stuck in the snowpocalypse that is the DC Tour). I won't be out there until May (moving at that time), but I enjoyed the read. I too am an aspiring scratch golfer at the same skill level you're at right now and relatively the same age. Looking forward to meeting you out there soon.
ReplyDeleteKevin Avery
http://thegolfchannel.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/thegolfchannel10/profile/kavery6/bio.htm?