My Blog List

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Be the best

Hello Fairway folks! Today's blog is about being your best. In life each of us have goals or tasks we pride ourselves on being good at. Maybe its planning, or being a mother or father. Whatever the discipline, I find myself asking, why am I not "the best" I can be at whatever it is I am passionate about? Ive been in several conversations with people who like to state that they have an abundance of "natural" talent, that if they wanted to, they could be amazing at whatever it is they were doing. This is all true in my opinion, they COULD be amazing. Failing to take advantage of "natural" talent in my opinion may be worse than anything else. If you feel your a genetic gift, then take advantage of that skill-set and exploit it. If you feel your a naturally skilled parent with great instincts and intuition, exploit that to be the best parent you can be. If you are a natural salesperson, why not take full advantage of a skill set you feel you have at a high level without putting in work? I believe when we commit ourselves to an ideal, we can reach heights we never could have thought of. We simply need to stop being afraid of being great. I believe its the fear of success, not failure that causes us to not realize our true potential. Why are we not as fit as we can be? not enough time? BS! There is plenty of time in the day for almost all of us to dedicate 1hr to being fit. In my case, golf. Why am I not the best golfer I can be right now, at this moment? because I've been afraid of success. My decision not to practice putting in the spare bedroom, choice not to dedicate 1hr each day to range time. These obstacles are easily overcome, we just need to commit to breaking through the ceiling and being the best we can be at whatever we chose. Success is a choice! Fairways and greens "Its supposed to be hard, if it was easy, everyone would do it. Its the hard, that makes it great" Tom Hanks

No comments:

Post a Comment