
It has finally happened!! I was able to hold on to a first round lead and win the second major of the season. After the past months results, I have a new feeling of belonging. What I mean is that I truly feel like I have arrived as a single digit handicap. Prior I was feeling like I could not compete and put up the scores my fellow competitors were. The past month has not yielded really low scores but shooting low 80's with quad bogeys tells me I'm just one step away from being in the 70's on a regular basis. I really need to now focus not on making any changes but drastically improving my 100yd and in game. I've been able to get much better with the flat stick and chip shots from 15yds in. The really glaring weak spot in my game at the moment is my sand game. I simply don't have the feel for the concept of a proper sand shot yet but that is going to be a priority over the next month until the next tournament. I'm going to reflect in a very positive manor after this victory and really try to dial in my weak points over the course of the season. It feels really good to know that I have a "muscle memory" swing now which takes a huge weight off my shoulders worrying about keeping the tee shots in play or knowing what shot shape I'm going to hit. Relief and Joy are the words of the month so far and the focus is to keep pushing to excel at short game!!
(see video!)
Fairways and Greens
No comments:
Post a Comment