welcome to "Journey to the center of the fairway". My new blog detailing my daily trials as I push towards achieving the elusive "scratch" handicap in golf! you will get detailed descriptions of my workouts, range time, distractions, round and tournament results and the like all throughout.
My Blog List
Friday, July 23, 2010
the quit line
Sometimes in any process, the idea of quitting when failure seems to become the norm as apposed to being the exception, starts to creep into your psyche. That has been the case for me the past couple weeks. With a lack of quality practice time and a swing that seems to resemble a runaway truck more than a steady sedan, those thoughts seem to creep up more and more. Each time I feel like I've found the "missing peice" I wind up taking two steps back. Each time I push through with positive thought, but as time goes by and progress is minimal it tends to lean on you heavily. I found myself contemplating retreating on my pursuit of these goals and simply going back to playing each weekend and having fun. I was at the range yesterday during a brief stop on my way to the airport heading home. Bought a large bucket and decided to focus on two fundamental swing thoughts, start from the ground up and swing inside out. Each swing felt like I was doing both, however, ball flight stated otherwise. with about 30+ balls to go, I had a swing that was more of a nice fade than a slice and as a posed and then looked at the finish, CHICKEN WING!!! Why you son of a bitch!!!!! where and when did you creep in there!!!??? once that "diagnosis" was complete I was striping shots down the range, 265, 275, 285 carries with my driver, switched to my trusty 8iron, 150, 155, 160, nice, high draws, each time! finished with my 3wood which has been my nemesis lately and........BLAM!! 250, 260 carries with the last 10 balls, most with a nice baby draw!!! I was not so much happy with the results as much as with the fact that I was able to diagnose the issue on my own, simply with feel and observation. that alone gave me new found hope and confidence!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment